The process really begins by a student reserving a spot by enrolling and paying the deposit. For the GI Bill® under the chapter 33, Post 9/11Program, the procedure works as follows:
- You need to apply to VA for your GI Bill benefits. This can be accomplished in two ways: on line or paper. We would recommend you do the on line version since it is faster.
- Both the on line and the paper version can be found at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Once you have accessed the GI Bill web site you need to follow the links in Education and how to apply for benefits. This will take you to the paper version which you can fill out and mail to VA or the on line version. Once again the on line version is faster and you will receive your letter of eligibility faster which in turns speeds up the process of you receiving their benefit checks once enrolled in school.
- When you have been notified you are eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits you can enroll in our school.
- Once we receive your enrollment request from you, we will fill out a VA form 22-1999. This form certifies you to the VA as a student in the course.
- Under the rules for the Chapter 33, Post 9/11, the school will be paid the tuition and fees directly. The student will be authorized a stipend for housing and books/supplies while attending the course. The amounts will vary depending upon the eligibility rating of what you are authorized in Chapter 33 and the amount of hours per month you are in training (full month or partial month.) These stipends will be paid directly to the student.
- The tuition and fees will be paid directly to the school through an EFT to its bank at the beginning of the course. The housing and books/supplies stipend will be paid to you one month after the beginning of the course.
- In the event that you have to terminate your training before the end of the course, a debt will be created for any VA payments for the remaining tuition already paid to the school and/or possibly any stipend paid to you. If you decide to terminate training, promptly notify the school to lessen this potential debt.
Our program qualifies for payment of our tuition and fees under the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Your tuition and fees will be covered depending upon your eligibility rating of between 40-100%. If your eligibility is not at the 100% level, you will be responsible for payment of the balance of tuition and fees to us.
You earned these benefits, and you should use them. We stand ready to assist you in the process.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill